Monday, November 03, 2008

Checking In

Hey everybody, I didn't update this weekend, but I'm still around and plan to continue this blog regularly, though I may not post much until after the results come in tomorrow. I'll likely be going to polling places in Northern Virginia tomorrow, armed with umbrellas and/or bottled water (who knows, maybe some magic tricks), to make sure people stay in their long lines. Virginia seems pretty safe for Obama, but I continue to believe that Pennsylvania will be the key battleground of the night, and I also believe that there is a very serious chance for McCain to take it. We need to ratchet up the margins in Philly and its suburbs, making sure that most of the disgruntled white Clinton supporters have come around. There simply aren't enough votes in the western part of the state.

Final thought: Today, one day before the historic election of her grandson to be the first non-white leader of the free world, Madelyn Dunham ("Toot") has died. Life may not be immortal (who knows?), but surely her love and grace will stay with him forever.

No comments: