Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Re-Beginnings

It's 13 days until the 2008 Presidential Election, and I've voted to start my blog again.

In case you didn't notice, it's been a while: my last post is from January 2005, when I was a junior in college, which probably explains why I was outraged about everything all the time. I no longer trust strong emotions, particularly not when it comes to politics. They get in the way of deciphering endless streams of poll data.

But I haven't stopped thinking a lot about politics. In fact, I probably think even MORE about politics than I did then. Though hopefully I also know more. I do now happen to live in Washington, DC, where I've already attended a congressional hearing and several Supreme Court arguments. So look out for some "On Location" posts, where I get to act like an actual, grown-up reporter!

Check back here often, for fun links, cutting analysis, and probing discussion.

Here's something to get you started, via Slate: Why do voters in 'Red States' spank their kids much more often?

No comments: