Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Two things.

First, while I'm very excited about the return of baseball to DC, I don't understand why the city council has to pay for it and why Major League Baseball has to bribe the District into it--- and pretend that it's good for small businesses. Also, the team should have been called The Senators again, not The Nationals.

Second, let's discuss Scott Peterson. While I know very little about the man or the case, I looked through reports yesterday of the evidence and testimony leading to his conviction. So it obviously left me wondering how somebody can be sentenced to the death penalty for a conviction based entirely on circumstantial evidence. You can apparently also get executed for "not showing emotion" during the penalty phase.

I'm sorry, but our criminal justice system is sick.

No comments: